901. Manners are quite different from country to country. 各国的礼仪各不相同。
902. Not only did I know her, but I was her best friend. 我不仅认识她,还是她最好的朋友。
903. The best-known movie awards are the Academy Awards. 最著名的电影奖是奥斯卡金像奖。
904. We've got to do something about the neighbor's dog! 我们得对邻居的狗采取点行动了!
905. Will you come and join us for dinner on Sunday? 星期天来和我们共进晚餐好吗?
906. Do you think people are a company's greatest wealth? 你认为人是公司最大的财富吗?
907. He thinks himself somebody, but we think him nobody. 他自以为是重要人物,但我们觉得他什么也不是。
908. I believe I haven't reached the summit of my career. 我相信我还没有达到事业的巅峰。
909. It is no matter whether you get there early or late. 你早到晚到都没有关系。
910. It's against the rules to handle the ball in soccer. 在足球中以手触球就是犯规。
911. The nurse assisted the doctor in the operating room. 护士在手术室协助医生动手术。
912. What I do on my own time is nobody else's business. 我在自己的时间里干什么根本不关别人的事。
913. What I want to do is different from those of others. 我想做的与别人不同。
914. You forget to write down the date of your departure. 您忘了写离店日期了。
915. “I wish I'd known about that rule earlier", she said. “我要是早点知道这个规矩就好了!”她说。
916. Could you tell me your secret for a long, happy life? 你能告诉我长时间地过着快乐的生活的秘诀吗?
917. He holds a position of great responsibility upon him. 他担任着一个责任重大的职务。
918. It is said he has secret love affairs with two women! 据说他背地里和两个女人有关系!
919. Number 13 buses run much more frequently, don't they? 13路车跑得更勤,是不是?
920. They are only too delighted to accept the invitation. 他们非常乐意接受邀请。
921. We are going to have the final examination next week. 我们下周举行期末考试。
922. And now medical care helps to keep people alive longer. 现在的医疗保健使得人们活得更长。
923. Do you think you'll be able to go to sleep fight away? 你认为你马上就能睡着吗?
924. I am in charge of the company when the manager is out. 经理不在时山我来管理公司。
925. I borrowed a notebook from Tom and I lent it to Marry. 我从汤姆那儿借了一本笔记本,我又把它借给玛丽了。
926. I'm doing some washing and John is cooking dinner. 我正在洗衣服,约翰在做晚饭。
927. Were there any exciting incidents during your journey? 你们在旅行中有没有什么令人激动的事情?
928. As far as policy is concerned, I have to say something. 谈到政策,我得说几句。
929. Could you tell me what the maximum weight allowance is? 您能告诉我行李的最大重量限额是多少吗?
930. He came out of the library, a large book under his arm. 他夹着本厚书,走出了图书馆。
931. The brothers differ from each other in their interests. 这几个兄弟各有所好。
932. Although we can't see these atoms, they really do exist. 虽然我们看不见原子,但它们的确存在。
933. I am familiar with the casual atmosphere in the company. 我对公司中这种放松的氛围感到很熟悉。
934. Most people eat, write, and work with their fight hands. 大多数人吃饭,写字,工作都用右手。
935. Only by working hard can we succeed in doing everything. 只有努力,才能成功
936. Take it easy, you will be all right in a couple of days.。 别担心,你两天之内就会痊愈的。
937. The Beatles represented part of the spirit of their age. 甲壳虫乐队代表了他们时代的部分精神。
938. There being no one to help me, I had to do it all alone. 因为没有人帮助我,我不得不独立完成这项工作。
939. How much cloth does it take to make a skirt for the girl? 女孩做一条裙子要用多少布?
940. With all these mouths to feed, he didn't know what to do. 由于有那么多人要供养,他不知道怎么办才好。
941. I forgot to prepare the speech I'm supposed to give today. 我忘了准备今天的我该做的演讲了。
942. It's supposed to start at 6:30 sharp, but I doubt it will. 应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。
943. On behalf of my company, I would like to welcome you here. 我代表我们公司欢迎你来这里。
944. She's been quite different since coming back from America. 从美国回来之后,她变化很大。
945. Today it is common that women and girls make up in public. 今天,在公共场所看到妇女和姑娘化妆打扮是很普遍的事。
946. I have to transfer to No. ll bus, but where is the bus stop? 我需要换乘11路公共汽车,但是汽车站在哪儿?
947. I supposed him to be very clever but he was in fact a fool. 我以为他很聪明,其实他是个蠢货。
948. The rabbit ran to the woods and did not come back any more. 兔子跑进了森林再也没有出来了。
949. Tom and Mary congratulated us on the birth of our daughter. 汤姆和玛丽为我们女儿的出生向我们表示祝贺。
950. I can't help eating sweets whenever they are in my presence. 我无论什么时候一看到甜食就忍不住要吃。
951. l am vacuuming the floor now and have several shirts to iron. 我正在用真空吸尘器清理地板,还有好几件衬衫要熨。
952. I will love you until the seas run dry and the rocks crumble. 我将爱你直到海枯石烂。
953. There is a broken small old gray stone bridge over the river 河上有一座破烂不堪的、古老的、灰色的小石桥。
954. No wonder people say that computers are taking over the world. 难怪有人说电子计算机正渐渐接管世界。
955. The enormous increase of population will create many problems. 巨大的人口增长将产生很多问题。
956. There's nothing better for you than plenty of water and sleep. 你最好多喝水多休息。
957. You should always depend on yourself rather than someone else. 你应该是依靠你自己,而不足别人。
958. I would like to express to all of you here our sincere welcome. 让我向在座诸位致以最真挚的欢迎。’
959. Many people prefer living in the country to living in the town. 许多人喜欢住在农村而不喜欢住在城市。
960. Since I'm here, I'd like to try a typical dish of this country. 既然来了,我想吃这个国家特有的食物。
961. Walking up and down the stairs would beat any exercise machine. 上下楼梯可比什么健身器都要好。
962. Had it not been for the alarm clock she wouldn't have been late. 如果不是因为闹钟不响的话,她就不会迟到了。
963. How ever you may work hard, the boss will not be fully satisfied. 无论你有多努力,老板总不会完全满意。
964. If he had not broken his tooth, he would not be in hospital now. 如果他没有把牙齿弄坏,现在就不在医院了。
965. You might as well throw your money away as spend it in gambling. 你与其把钱花在赌博上,不如把它丢掉的好。
966. Can you put me in the picture about the World Cup Football Match? 你能给我讲讲关于世界杯足球赛的状况吗?
967. I'm usually just using the search engines to look up information. 我通常只是用搜索引擎找一些资料。
968. He goes home early everyday for fear that his wife would be angry. 他每天很早就回家,免得老婆生气。
969. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you employment. 很遗憾地告诉你,我们无法雇用你。
970. I will continue my learning, though I am tired of learning English. 尽管我很烦英语,我还是要学它。
971. Li Bai is one of the greatest poets that have ever lived in China. 李白是中国有史以来最伟大的诗人之一。
972. Many people complain that computers are taking over their jobs. 许多人抱怨说计算机正在接管人的工作。
973. The cupboards in her kitchen were full of things she did not need. 她厨房的橱柜中放满了她不需要的东西。
974. What be said did not annoy me much, for I knew he did not mean it. 我并不在乎他所说的,我知道他不是那个意思。
975. He asked me some personal questions, but I would never answer them. 他问了我几个个人问题,我根本不愿回答。
976. I don't care where we go as long as we don't have to stand in line. 不管去哪里,只要不用站着排队就行。
977. She likes Mike a lot, but she doesn't want to get married so early. 她喜欢迈克,但她不想那么早就结婚。
978. Why don't you find a job and end this dependence upon your parents? 你为何不找个职业.不再依靠你的父母呢?
979. Will you please try to find out for me what time the train arrives? 能不能请你帮我查查火车什么时候到?
980. A good knowledge of English will improve your chances of employment. 英语好将有助于增加你们的就业机会。
981. If she finds out you spilled ink on her coat, she'll blow her stack. 如果她发现你在她上衣上洒了墨水,她会大发脾气的。
982. I would be very grateful for information about entry to your college. 若能寄给我贵校的入学申请材料我将十分感激。
983. Mr. Smith knew Jack didn't look at the others because he was nervous. 史密斯先生知道杰克不敢看别人是因为紧张。
984. On being introduced to somebody, a British person often shakes hands. 英国人被介绍给别人的时候常常和对方握握手。
985. I want to take a walk along the river bank, singing my favorite songs. 我想在河边散步,唱我喜欢的歌。
986. Many people believe that overweight results from overeating and stress. 很多人认为肥胖超重是因为吃得过多和压力造成的。
987. Yet all these things, different as they seem, have one thing in common. 然而所有这些东西,看上去虽不同,但却有一个共同点。
988. All my best memories come back clearly to me, some can even make me cry. 所有美好的记忆又在我脑海清晰地浮现了,有些甚至还令我哭泣。
989. This is the most wonderful day of my life, because I'm here with you now. 今天是我一生中最美好的一天,因为我现在和你在一起。
990. When I was young, I'd listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs. 当我还是个小女孩的时候,我常听着收音机,等待我最喜欢的歌。
991. I'm certain he'll go to see the film, because he's bought a ticket. 我肯定他会去看电影的,冈为他把票都买好了。
992. Unfortunately you'll have to pay the fine before you check those books out. 在你借书之前你要先付清罚款。
993. Hi! You guys keep talking so loudly that I have to speak at the top my voice! 哎!你们一直这样大声讲话,我都不得不扯着嗓子说话了。
994. We should not only know the theory but also how to apply it to practice. 我们不仅要知道理论,还要知道怎样把理论应用于实践。
995. Combining exercise with the diet may be the most effective way to lose weight. 运动与节食结合也许是减肥最有效的途径。
996. The maximum weight allowance is 60 kilos per traveler, excluding hand luggage. 每个旅客托运的行李最大重量限额是60公斤,手提行李除外。
997. You are just putting on a little weight. I believe you'll get that off easily. 你只是稍微胖了些.很快就会恢复的。
998. In many countries, more and more companies are replacing people with computers. 在许多国家有越来越多的公司使用电子计算机来代替人。
999. There are mice next to the refrigerator, under the sink and inside the cupboard! 冰箱边、洗碗槽下,还有橱柜里面都有老鼠!
|